Here is our complete Canon Pixma G2012 Printer review after a lot of research. This Canon Pixma G2012 Printer Review discusses design, properties, power usage, and many other specifications. So read fully as it will help you in your purchase.
Table Of Contents
Canon Pixma G2012 Printer Review
- Print Cost Per Page: 9 Paisa (Black) / 32 Paisa (Color)
- Technology: Ink Tank
- Speed: 8/5 ppm (Black/Color)
- Functions: Print, Copy, Scan
- User-friendly product
- Color reproduction is really good
- Noise can be higher at times
When we hear the word ‘printer,’ the first brand that comes to mind is Canon. Launched in 2018, this Canon Pixma G2012 is a multi-functional Ink Tank Printer. This budget-friendly printer, starting from just Rs. 12,500, will get all your paper problems covered. It can handle a wide range of printing jobs in various environments and is simple to clean and maintain. Let’s dive into more details about this fantastic printer.
The Canon Pixma G2012 looks very professional and attractive. It is a compact printer made out of plastic with dimensions 44.5 x 33 x 16.3 cm. It means it can fit anywhere and wherever you like. From office use to home use, this printer has got you all covered. It weighs merely 6 kgs.
Moreover, it has a 1.2-inch LCD screen which helps you understand the printing progress. Besides the LCD screen, some sets of buttons are used to operate the printer. Paper input plates are positioned on both the front and back of the printer. These plates have sliders that may be modified to fit different paper sizes.
Being an All in One Printer, it has the feature to print, copy, and scan. It has a printing resolution of up to 4800 x 1200 dpi, which gives good quality and non-pixelated prints. The types of pages this printer supports are A4, A5, B5, Letter, and Legal.
The scanner is of flatbed type and produces the output of 600 x 1200 dpi resolution. Coming to the paperweight, the printer can take up to 64-105 gsm of plain paper and 275 gsm of Canon specialty paper.
The speed of the printer is pretty decent. According to ISO Standards, it prints 17 pages of Black and White documents per minute and 10 pages of colored documents per minute. The scanner has a breakneck scanning speed. This printer’s scanning and copying speeds are 19 seconds and 32 seconds, respectively.
It is compatible only with Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows XP, and Windows Vista. So if you are someone who uses apple products, this printer is not for you.
As far as the connectivity is concerned, the printer supports connection only via a USB 2.0 interface, which means there is no wireless connection. To connect it, take a USB 2.0 cable and attach one end to the USB panel at the front of the printer and another to your laptop, PC, mobile, or any other device.
The power consumption of Canon G2012 is considerably low. It runs on only 11 Watts of power. So it is the Best Printer For Home use in India 2022. One of the best things about this printer is that it can even work using a battery inverter. How feasible and cost-effective would that be?
Ink and Refills In Canon Pixma G2012 Printer:
The printer has a decent yield output. It can print 6000 Black and White pages and 7000 coloring pages when the ink tank is full. Initially, the printer comes with a pack of four; 1 GI-790 (Black), GI-790 (1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, 1 Yellow).
Being a refillable ink tank system, it produces high-volume printing at minimal running costs. Moreover, the printer comes with a transparent ink tank, which helps you track your ink levels and plan them accordingly. When the ink runs out, you must grab a fresh ink refill and turn it upside down. Once complete, close the tank’s caps, and you are done.
The cost incurred is quite reasonable. The cost of Black and White per print is 9 paise, and the cost of colored per print is 32 paise. In addition, the whole pack of ink costs around Rs. 2000, the individual bottle of black ink costs Rs. 300, and an individual bottle of CYM ink costs Rs. 350.
The printer measures 44.5 x 33 x 16.3 cm, making it easy to fit anywhere.
The Canon Pixma G2012 is an ink-type printer, which means the ink is in liquid form and is refillable.
It supports connections only via USB 2.0.
The printer is not that noisy. It produces sound within the range of 38-52 dB.
The power consumption is low, preventing your power cost from rising higher.
The printer is an all-in-one or 3-in-1 printer, which means it can print, scan, and copy.
Supported Operating Systems:
It supports an operating system of only Windows XP or higher.
Cost per Print:
- Black and White Print: 9 paise
- Colored Print: 32 paise
- Black and White: 17 pages per minute
- Colored: 10 pages per minute
It can print 6000 Black and White pages and 7000 coloring pages.
In The Box:
- Instructions for use
- CD-ROM for installation
- 1 extension cord of power
- 4 bottles of ink
- 1 USB cord
Paper Tray Capacity:
- A4, A5, B5, Letter: 100
- Legal: 10
- A4, Letter: 50
- Legal: 10
- Print Resolution: 4800 (horizontal) x 1200 (vertical) dpi
- Scan Resolution: 600 x 1200 dpi
The Canon G2012 printer offers a 1-year or 15000 pages warranty (whichever is earlier).
- The printer offers a small LCD of 1.2 inches, which helps you see the progress.
- Compared to other brands, the printer is budget-friendly.
- It is easy to maintain.
- It offers an option of borderless printing.
- It is a multi-functional printer.
- One of the best features is its battery inverter, or battery backup system.
- The installation process is simple and takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
- The cost incurred per page is low.
- Its scanning speed is pretty fast.
- It has a compact design, so you can easily fit it on your table.
- Transparent ink tanks to check the ink level.
- It comes with ink bottles at the time of purchase, which last quite a long.
- Apple products are not compatible with this printer.
- It does not support Auto Duplex printing.
- It is not a wireless printer. You cannot operate it through your Wi-Fi.
- The ink dries up if you stop using it after 2-3 weeks.
- Sometimes it produces noise while printing.
- The USB wire it offers is relatively short.
- It is a bit heavy.
Printers have become reasonably necessary to have in times when paperwork is a lot. Ink tank technology made some of the best options for these printers. This Canon Pixma G2012 printer may be the best option if you consider buying a less expensive multi-functional printer. The only part this printer lacks is its inability to give wireless features. But, try not to ignore its other fantastic features as well. The choice is yours.